Enters into a new range of Light-duty trucks with Eicher Pro 2000 series
by Prashant Kapadia/NHN
Mumbai, June 10, 2019: Eicher Trucks and Buses, part of VE Commercial Vehicles Limited, today revealed India’s first BS-VI compliant all-new range of Eicher Pro 2000 series of Light-Duty Trucks. The entirely new range of ultra-modern trucks will expand the light-duty portfolio of Eicher, will address a wider range of applications and help enter new segments. The Pro 2000 series has been designed with segment-specific customer needs to deliver significantly higher profitability, loaded with Industry-first features for enhanced reliability, safety, comfort and efficiency.
This all-new range of Eicher Pro 2000 series will come with two new engine platforms, built to deliver best-in-class fuel efficiency and a range of power options, compliant with BS-VI emission standards. This new range also has two new smart cabins developed for safe and comfortable driver operation in 1.8 m and 2.0 m configurations. These are equipped with new generation industry-first features such as touch-screen infotainment, Bluetooth and telematics connectivity. The first of its kind range will address the needs of the modern and smart businessman, not just in India but across the world.
• India’s first BS-VI range- Eicher Pro 2000 series
· All new 1.8m/2.0 m next-gen tiltable cabin
· Industry- first 18 cm touchscreen infotainment system with android connectivity, Bluetooth, FM, USB port and card reader
· Industry-first in industry All wheel disc brakes
· Best-in-class payload
· Two new Eicher BS VI engines – E474 and E494
· Dual Mode Mbooster
The new global series sets new benchmarks for driver safety in the CV industry. The new ergonomically designed cabin offers a better turning radius, reduced NVH levels and a comfortable driving environment. The Pro 2000 series will be equipped with Eicher Live, an advanced telematics solution for the business owners to manage trips, fuel and uptime of the range of vehicles. The Pro 2000 series offers best in class payload and comfort which makes this range ideal for the logistics and intra-city applications.
The two new variants- Eicher Pro 2049 and Eicher Pro 2095XP will be powered with industry best features. The Eicher Pro 2049 has been designed to cater to the last mile distribution with a 1.8m cabin. With a high legal payload of 2.7T, Dual mode M-Booster technology and larger loading space, the mini truck offers the lowest turnaround time to ensure faster delivery. The Eicher Pro 2095XP offers the highest payload of 7.2T in the category and comes with five cargo body options across 14.1, 17.6, 19, 20 and 21.5 feet. The vehicle is a smart choice for a fleet owner, with infotainment and Bluetooth connectivity, better cabin comfort, telematics and fuel coaching – offering a car-like cabin experience.
Speaking at the occasion, Vinod Aggarwal, MD & CEO, VE Commercial Vehicles said, “It is a moment of immense pride for us to usher the automotive industry into its next evolution with BS-VI emission technology. We have always believed in investing rigorously in R&D to stay ahead in the industry by improving transportation efficiency and the Pro 2000 series is a testament to that mission. With a strong blend of technology and engineering innovations, we are yet again bringing in a new benchmark for the industry, offering our customers a radically differentiated experience in the CV space. We have a superior and long-standing expertise in manufacturing and exporting base engines for Euro VI requirements of the Volvo Group for the last 6 years. This extensive experience with Euro VI allows us the first mover advantage to deliver products engineered to cater to the new emission norms in the country. The select models that we unveiled today will be fuelled by our two new BS-VI engine platforms, equipped with all new state of the art cabin and industry first features”
On Eicher Pro 2000 series, he further added, “We are leaders and innovators of the Indian LMD trucks market, and the new Eicher Pro 2000 series takes logistics and intra-city distribution to the next level, focusing on the driver and his comfort. We believe the winning combination of best in class fuel efficiency, better turnaround, more payload, superior cabin aggregates and a competitive price point will help reduce the operating costs for customers, resulting in higher profitability which makes the Eicher Pro 2000 series – Business ka Badshah.”
The Pro 2000 series is a consolidation of the evolving needs and the business requirements of our new age customers. Ranging from technology, comfort, safety and mileage, this series is leader across all these parameters, thus making it ‘Business Ka Badshah’ in the CV industry. The Eicher Pro 2000 series will also be available in BS-IV range across all markets.
Eicher Pro 2049 – Mini truck, better pick up
· 2.7T payload, industry best loading space of 10.4 feet
· Best in class mileage with M-Booster technology, all wheel radial tubeless tyres
· Fuel Coaching system and Steering mounted car-like controls
· 1.8m next gen tiltable cabin with improved rigidity and stiffness
· Turning Circle Diameter of 10m for easier manoeuvrability
· Highest seat travel (180mm) in the industry with lumbar supported seats.
· All new 18 cm size Infotainment system with Android one connectivity with touchscreen, micro SD card, USB, FM, and Bluetooth
Eicher Pro 2095XP – smart choice for the modern businessman
· 7.2T payload with 5 cargo body options
· Highest fuel efficiency in the segment: Dual mode M-Booster technology and 6- Speed gearbox variant
· Fuel Coaching- A guiding tool for drivers for more fuel saving
· Lowest turnaround time
· Eicher Live telematics for trip, fuel and uptime management.
· 190-litre high density polymer fuel tank for longest mile delivery without stoppage
· Superior cabin strength and rigidity
· Insulated multi-layer carpet for heat and noise reduction
· Comfortable gear shifting with hybrid Gear Shift Linkages
· All new Infotainment system with touchscreen, micro SD card, USB, FM, and Bluetooth
· Steering mounted car-like controls
· Better utilities and storage space
About Eicher Trucks & Buses:Eicher Trucks and Buses has the lineage of three decades of operations in India. Adopting the most professional and holistic approach to modernize the Indian trucking industry, their brand philosophy, “Go Pro”, promises to deliver best-in-class fuel efficiency, higher loading capacity, superior uptime and overall vehicle lifetime profitability. Eicher Trucks and Buses (ETB) is present in the LMD range with a strong presence in the 4.9T-16T truck segment and an ever increasing market share in 16T-49T heavy duty trucks segment. Eicher Pro Series buses also have a strong presence in the Light and Medium segment along with leadership in the school bus segment.
About VE Commercial Vehicles Limited (VECV):VE Commercial Vehicles Limited (VECV) is a joint venture between the Volvo Group and Eicher Motors Limited. In operation since July 2008, the company includes the complete range of Eicher branded trucks and buses, VE Powertrain, Eicher’s components businesses as well as the sales and distribution business of Volvo trucks within India. VECV’s vision is to be recognized as the industry leader driving modernization in commercial transportation in India and the developing world.