CELEBRATIONS OF NATIONAL POSTAL WEEK’2019
9th-15th OCTOBER, 2019
by Prashant Kapadia/NHN
The World Post Day marks the anniversary of the establishment of Universal Postal Union and is held on October 9 every year. Department of Posts is celebrating National Postal week from 9th October, 2019 to 15th October, 2019. Maharashtra Postal Circle is organizing celebrations during the National Postal week, 2019 in each of its 6 Regions i.e. Mumbai, Navi Mumbai, Pune, Nagpur, Aurangabad and Goa as per following schedule.
|9th October 2019||Wednesday||World Post Day|
|10th October 2019||Thursday||Banking Day|
|11th October 2019||Friday||PLI Day|
|12th October 2019||Saturday||Philately Day|
|14th October 2019||Monday||Business Development Day|
|15th October 2019||Tuesday||Mails Day|
- World Post Day – Post Forum Meetings at Post Office premises, visit of School Children to Post Offices, workshop for Postal staff on soft skills, public interaction and general courtesy.
- Banking Day – Savings Bank Melas / Camps to propagate Savings Bank Schemes, India Post Payments Bank (IPPB) accounts, Atal Pension Yojana (APY), Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana (SSY), Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojana (PMBY), Pradhan Mantri Jeevan Jyoti Bima Yojana (PMJJBY) enrolments etc. Camp in schools so as to sensitise school children about savings and encourage them for the same.
- Postal Life Insurance (PLI) Day – holding of Melas / Camps, door to door campaign, propagation by audio visual media to get new Postal Life Insurance / Rural Postal Life Insurance Business.
- Philately Day – “My Stamp” facility will be provided in prominent schools and Business Houses. Dhai Akhar Letter Writing Competition started, subject is “Dear Bapu, You are Immortal”. Last date of submission of entries is 30.11.2019.
- Business Development Day – Interaction with existing and potential customers for better understanding of their requirements and expectations as well as exploring the possibilities of growth in business.
- Mails Day – Organize visit of school children to post offices and mail sorting offices and interaction with Postman.